Corey Perry has been on fire for the Ducks so far in the playoffs. (Photo credit: © Bridget Samuels)
Got a hunch who will win the Western Conference?
The oddsmakers apparently don’t. Or if they do, they aren’t letting on.
Pinnacle Sports opened the NHL playoff betting odds for the West final at exactly even. The Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks both pay -106 odds to win the series, as of Monday afternoon.
(True even odds would be +100 for each team, but oddsmakers make it -106 so they can guarantee themselves a little profit if they take an equal amount of money on each side.)
Here’s a quick look at three reasons why you might want to bet on either the Ducks or Blackhawks to win the West.
Three reasons the Blackhawks will win
- After being in a funk since mid-December, Chicago has finally hit its stride once again. The Blackhawks have won five in a row, including an impressive sweep of the Wild in Round 2.
- Patrick Kane has made a huge impact since returning from a broken collarbone, scoring six goals in his last five games and collecting points in all but one playoff game so far.
- Chicago won’t wilt under the pressure. The Hawks are making their fifth West final appearance in the last seven years, including Cup wins in 2010 and 2013.
Three reasons the Ducks will win
- As hot as the Blackhawks are, the Ducks are even hotter. Anaheim is 9-1 in its last 10 games and 13-3 in its last 16.
- Corey Perry is on fire, racking up 15 points in nine games. And the Ducks have plenty of secondary scoring behind him, with nine players potting at least two goals each so far.
- Anaheim has home ice in the series, and that’s kind of a big deal. The Ducks are 55-20-7 their last two seasons at Honda Center.
Chicago won two of three meetings with the Ducks during the regular season, but these two teams have never met in the playoffs.
Who you got?